Hunspell vs. aspell
Kornel Benko
2009-08-15 14:44:36 UTC
Hi Abdel,
hunspell does not find corect spelling for words with umlauts, while aspell does.
(Although they both use the same dictionary here)

So e.g. the german words "Ìber", "können" or "benötigt" are not recognized.

Kornel
Abdelrazak Younes
2009-08-24 13:04:48 UTC
Post by Kornel Benko
Hi Abdel,
hunspell does not find corect spelling for words with umlauts, while aspell does.
(Although they both use the same dictionary here)
So e.g. the german words "über", "können" or "benötigt" are not
recognized.
I guess this has to do with utf8 encoding. I did not bother with this
yet to be honest, the solution is, I guess, to simply set the encoding
to utf8 in the hunspell objects, similar to what we do for aspell objects.

Abdel.